Protect your roof from premature deterioration by providing effective attic ventilation. All major shingle manufacturers
void their warranties if their shingles are installed over improperly ventilated attics.
Effective attic ventilation is critical for a long-lasting roof! A properly balanced attic ventilation system will help to:
1. Remove excess heat and moisture to protect your roof from premature deterioration.
2. Prevent roof rot in your attic or roof deck.
3. Minimize peeling and extend the life of exterior and interior paint.
4. Safeguard your attic possessions against mildew damage.
5. Guard against damming is harsh winter climates.
6. May even reduce excessive heating and air conditioning costs.
In hot weather, proper ventilation prevents the attic from becoming a "hot-box" that radiates unwanted heat down through the
attic floor into the living area. Attic temperatures can reach 150 degrees.
In cold weather, proper ventilation helps prevent moisture from condensing on the insulation, rafters, and roof deck. Trapper
moisture can rot wood members and rob insulation of it's R-value.
Shingle Warranty Requirements
Where ventilation is not adequate, shingles deteriorate twice as fast as shingles over well ventilated air spaces. Single
warranties base their requirements on the FHA Minimum Property Standards or the Universal Building Codes. Both call for.
1. One square foot of ventilation for every 300 square feet of attic space.
2. One half of the vent area should be intake , and the other half should be exhaust.
Call Hedberg & Son today at 515-265-0616 for all your ventilation and roofing needs.